The basic elements of a technical kit for both ocean, wreck, and cave are:
- Double 85 c.f tanks with isolation manifold.
- Backplate and harness
- 55 lbs lift wings (or just large enough to supply buoyancy given the gear).
- Long hose regulator configuration with two Abyss Explorer regulators (now
out of business due to a lawsuit)
- Two wrist mount computers
- Argon inflation system for the drysuit
- Two 40 c.f. deco tanks with Atomic regulators
- Wrist slate for deco profile
- 50 lb lift bag
- 10 Watt HID Sartek canister light
- Turtle fins
- Surface Marker Buoy with 75 foot spool of cave line
Here is a picture of all that junk for a typical 180-200 foot dive:
Below 220 feet, a third 80 c.f. deco tank is added, and I typically carry dual
104 c.f. (instead of the shown dual 85s) for the extra reserve.